TARINI NIRULA is a fashion accessory label synonymous with handcrafted beauty, eternal style and a passion for the creative arts. A graduate of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Tarini Nirula launched her own label of Luxury Fashion Accessories in November 2011. Her exquisitely handcrafted designs reflect an evolved aesthetic with strong functional roots. Each Minaudière is adorned with traditional surface ornamentation and is meticulously assembled by hand by skilled artisans.
Defined by fine craftsmanship, excellent quality and an innovative pallete of colors, textures and prints, Tarini’s designs have found a strong patronage in the ever-changing realm of fashion, ensuring a wide reach across the world. Her range of statement piece Minaudière’s celebrate Indian inspired designs in a very contemporary context, thus aiming to provide a platform for skilled ( Atamnirbhar ) Indian artisans to showcase their handwork.
Tarini has collaborated with leading textile and fashion designers namely Bina Rao, Manish Arora, Jenjum Gadi, Hemant & Nandita to create bespoke accessories, many of which have been showcased at Wills India Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week. Having received coverage in publications such as Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, India Today, Femina, Time Out, HT City, BusinessStandard and leading fashion blogs, her designs have also been covered on ‘I am too Sexy for my Shoes’- on NDTV Good Times.
Tarini also dedicates her time to another passion - teaching Yoga. Sharing the practice of Yoga has added another incredible dimension to her purpose in life. As a RYT 500 certified teacher and certified Laughter Yoga Trainer, Tarini is also the founder of YogaTara and a guest faculty at The Namah Shivaya International School of Yoga.
For guest sessions, she has collaborated on Yoga events with WeWork, Devang House, Devarya Goa, Aditya Birla Group in India and has also led international sessions in Thailand and England. Through an amalgamation of Design and Yoga, Tarini’s aim is to spread joy and well being for an enriching life.
Tarini’s strong sense of aesthetics, along with her experimental nature and knowledge of Yoga, form an ideal blend to create truly inspired accessories that exude beauty, functionality and timeless style.
How yoga has changed my life for good? A brief note by Yogini..
- Yoga came into my life five years ago. I was going through a challenging phase due to which my mind was not at peace. I yearned for a feeling that I knew was missing from my life. As Rumi said, “What you seek is seeking you.”
- Little did I know that this yearning would bring about a turning point in my life. A close friend suggested that I start yoga classes, and that was how this beautiful practice became a part of who I am today.
- Yoga is a life-changing philosophy. Soon after starting the practice, I felt much healthier and more flexible as my body opened up with the asanas. I automatically became more conscious of my diet. The breathing techniques made me feel calmer because my mind was present in the moment, and this released all the tension in my body.
- After practicing two and a half years of power yoga from an inspiring woman, I began my practice of the traditional school of Hatha yoga.
- This is where my mental transformation began to take place at a deeper level.
- There was increased focus on each posture, along with breathing techniques and mantra-chanting. I felt as if I was in a meditative state. Yoga for me became a practice not just on the mat, but off the mat too.
- The smaller things in life started to bring me joy, and I felt a deep sense of gratitude towards my work, family, friends, employees, the beauty around me, my yoga practice, my own body, and the list goes on.
- The curiosity to deepen my understanding of this philosophy and also to share it with others led me to undergo a professional teacher’s training course from learned gurus at an international school of yoga. Those five weeks were completely transformational for me.
- Yoga means union of the individual soul with the universal soul. When one understands that there is a force greater than you and I, you start to believe in the impossible and make it happen.
- My perspective towards life and every situation I am faced with, be it at work or outside, has changed. I am aware of my thoughts, and because I make it a point to always focus on the positive, I feel a sense of gratitude, peace and happiness which is absolute.
- With the practice, during meditation, asana, and Pranayama, my body and mind have become stronger and I can in turn focus better – even on my design work. A sense of discipline has also come into my life, which gives me more energy for long days in the studio or in my workshops.
- Eradicating the ego is extremely challenging, as it exists at some level within all of us. But through yoga, I am learning to let go of it. You begin to understand yourself and accept yourself.
- I am excited to share this philosophy with people and continue to deepen my learning, which is lifelong! The benefits of yoga are innumerable; you just have to practice it with an open heart and feel the love, peace, health and happiness start flowing in, just as I did.
Reported to OECEL News Services.