Welcome to The Opinion Express Group.
Here you will find our terms and conditions for using the content available on the site. This you can access in several ways, not just online but also in the physical copies of ‘The Opinion Express’ magazine. All the information available on the website can also be accessed on your hand held devices and selected information is also available on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and linkedin.
Here, when we mention the “Opinion Express website” we mean the digital platform available for public which is maintained by ‘ Opinion Express Group’ only. Regardless of your location of access or how you access the contents on the above mentioned platforms, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
You may access The opinion Express website registration by creating an account with us. You would be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or for any other accounts that you connect with The opinion Express website for registering.
By registering on The opinion Express website, you agree that:
1. Your account and password are personal to your profile and any 3rd person usage on your behalf would be considered as your responsibility.
2. You will not create single or multiple accounts for the purpose of abusing the accessibility of the site or other users; 3. You agree to not pass imitate or pass yourself off as another user.
4. You agree to notify The opinion Express Group in the case of any unauthorised usage of your password or connected accounts.
2. Termination of registration
If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incase you wish to no longer accept these terms and conditions or any future updates to these terms and conditions, you must opt out
and unregister by sending us an email on support@opinionexpress. Continuing your account and using The Opinion Express website indicates your continued interest in its content and continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If, at any given point of time, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your registration and access to specific content of without prior notice.
We may terminate your registered account by notifying you on your registered email stating the same.
3. Use of material appearing on The Opinion Express website
The Opinion Express website is for your own personal and non-commercial use only. By visiting the site you acknowledge that, The Opinion Express website is the sole/joint owner of all content on The Opinion Express website, including, without limitation, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, and other intellectual property rights thereto, as well as graphics, logos and other material appearing on The Opinion Express website.
You may download and print extracts from The Opinion Express website Content for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided you abide by any copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print. You may not use any Content from The Opinion Express website for any other purpose without our prior written approval. Except when authorised by The Opinion Express Group, you are not allowed to create a database in electronic or physical form comprising all or part of the material appearing on The Opinion Express website.
If you wish to use our content other than as permitted by these terms and conditions, please contact us at email@example.com. For all other inquiries about distribution or reproduction of the materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Disclaimer of liability
We do not accept any responsibility for any statement in The Opinion Express website Content till permissible by law. Nothing in The Opinion Express website content is provided at any specific request of any particular person. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your misinterpretation of the information provided on the The Opinion Express website.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning The Opinion Express website Content. You must take your own precautions while browsing The Opinion Express website.
5. Third party advertising on the Guardian Site
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on The Opinion Express website. Each advertiser is solely responsible for the content of their advertising material. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. If you want to advertise on the Guardian Site, please email the user help team at email@example.com.
6. User content
Users of The Opinion Express website may be permitted to submit content for publication in various sections of The Opinion Express website.
When you submit content to us, you agree and represent that you have created that content, or you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to The Opinion Express website .
You or the owner of the content still own the copyright in the content sent to us, but by submitting content to us, you are granting us an unconditional, royalty-free, licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or herein after invented.
You acknowledge and agree that when you post content on The Opinion Express website or view content provided by others, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, of that content. You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other users in that content do not necessarily reflect the views of The Opinion Express Group, and we do not support or endorse any user content. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit any content posted by you and other users on The Opinion Express website.
We accept no liability in respect of any content submitted by users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
You warrant that the content you submit to us is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal. You warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual. You agree not to:
1. Post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users
2. Use The Opinion Express website to post or otherwise transmit content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability
3. Post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of The Opinion Express website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
4. Upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect to your use of The Opinion Express website, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability
5. Use The Opinion Express website for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
Any queries regarding copyright and your content should be directed in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Changes to these terms and conditions of use
Please note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do without your consent. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on The Opinion Express website. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use The Opinion Express website after it has been posted.
9. No waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of The Opinion Express website.
10. Additional disclaimers
Visitors to The Opinion Express website agree that their use of the site is at their own sole risk. The Opinion Express website is provided “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied including but not limited to:
1. Any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, appropriateness, reliability, timeliness, or usefulness of the content of The Opinion Express website
2. Any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Opinion Express Group also makes no representations and warranties as to any linked sites and has no liability or responsibility with respect to your use of such sites. In some instances, content made available on The Opinion Express website may represent the opinions and judgments of providers or users, such as user content. The Opinion Express Group and its affiliates do not endorse nor shall they be responsible or liable for the accuracy or reliability of any statement made on The Opinion Express website by anyone other than authorised Opinion Express employees acting in such capacity.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injuries caused by The Opinion Express website, including, without limitation, those damages or injuries occurring as a result of:
1. Any error, omission, deletion, or defect in the content available on The Opinion Express website;
2. Any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of records, information or data, unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of records, information or data, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, or any other cause of action. The Opinion Express Group does not warrant or guarantee that access to the The Opinion Express website will be uninterrupted or error-free. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.