LIGHTING THE SOUTHERN TIP OF HEMISPHERE – NEETASHA SINGHby OPINIONEXPRESS.IN January 8, 2020 0 comments
Neetasha Singh is from humble background, born and raised in an Indian township Phoenix, Durban (KZN) surrounded by poverty and drug abuse, she has mastered the art of creating her own opportunities. She is one of South Africa’s most celebrated role models.
To date Neetasha Singh has traveled and Modeled across 52 countries at some of the premium Fashion Weeks around the world such as:
- Milan Fashion Week – MFW
- SA Fashion Week – SAFW
- Africa Fashion Week London – AFWL
- Malawi Fashion Week – MFW
- India Couture Week
- Zambia Fashion Week – ZFW
- Delhi Fashion Week
- India Fashion Week London – IFWL
Ever since the tender age of 13 she has desired being on stage whether modeling, acting or dancing, her burning passion has kept her on and off stag- es as a professional model for the past 13 years, and her very first pageant was Miss Teen India SA at the age of 12.
- Qualified Accountant by profession with a degree in Taxation
- Currently completing CTA Honors
- Scholarships, Special Awards and achievements:
- The Sir Abe Bailey Scholarship to the United Kingdom in 2010 based on academic achievement and leadership qualities
- Represented SA in UK parliament discussing South African issues and finding opportunities through diversity, notably the only model to have ever be awarded this travel scholarship regard- ed as her most valued achievement for breaking barriers and stereotyping.
- Winner of the KZN young achievers awards 2019
Brand Ambassador for:
- Epilate Europe
- Serenity Hair and Beauty
- Zen Medi Spa
- Recently Endorsed by VW Alpine Motors Durban
Movie Features and achievements: Acted in 3 local movies;
- ‘Bombay Duck’
- ‘31 Million Reasons’ – Blockbuster Movie
- ‘Dominion’ – American Blockbuster
- Top Billing “Top 20 contestant” in the Top Billing (SABC-3 Lifestyle Program) presenter search in 2015
- Currently a Tv presenter on a lifestyle show called “East n Style” on DSTv Chanel-405, CoLoRS Tv airing 4-times weekly.
Inputs: Nithya Ramesh: Bureau Chief – fashion & entertainment